Roof maintenance is an essential part of owning a home. Unfortunately, storms and other natural disasters can damage roofs or just wear down over time. Luckily, there are some simple ways to maintain your roof so that it lasts as long as possible! This blog post will go through the Roof Maintenance Tips: Do’s and Don’ts, so you know what to do!
Do’s: Roof Maintenance Tips for Roof Owners
- The best way to do this is by checking it every few months when the weather starts getting warmer, and then again in the fall before winter comes around. Of course, checking them more frequently during stormy seasons is also a good idea!
- Walk around your roof and check for any loose shingles or other issues. Roofs can be damaged by the elements, such as storms, snowstorms, hail.
- If you find anything that could pose a problem in the future (such as missing shingles), get it fixed right away! Don’t try to wait until a problem gets worse.
- Roofs can also be damaged by animals such as squirrels, raccoons.
Don’ts: Roof Maintenance Tips for Roof Owners
- Don’t wait too long. If your roof needs Roof Maintenance, get it done before your roof breaks down and causes more damage.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals or cleaning products on your roof. Roofs are made out of organic materials that should not be exposed to strong cleaners! Using them can actually cause Roof damage.
- Do not try to fix any problems yourself if you’re not professional. Roof repair is complicated and can be very dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing.
- Roofs are very heavy, and you could fall off. Therefore, roof repair is best left to professionals who know how to do it safely!
- Do not walk on your roof unless absolutely necessary. Roofs can be damaged by even the smallest of things like people walking or standing too close, so just stay away from them as much as possible!
Roofs protect our homes, but they need to be cared for. If you follow these Roof Maintenance Tips, your roof can last a long time. If you ever have any questions about Roof Maintenance, don’t hesitate to ask our roofing contractors at Fox Roofing and Construction, serving in Gresham, all Portland Metropolitan areas, SW Washington, and all surrounding cities. We’ll make sure that your roof looks great and lasts a long time.
Fox Roofing and Construction
21891 SE Ash St
Gresham, OR 97030, United States